Would you like to make a donation to help Democratic Women in Charlotte County make a difference?
To make a much-appreciated-donation to support the Democratic Women’s Club of Charlotte County, please send your check made out to CCDWC to:
Riguey Valencia, CCDWC Treasurer c/o Democratic Party Headquarters 4300 Kings Highway, #402 Port Charlotte, FL 33980
Please indicate that your check is a donation to CCDWC
Donations to the Democratic Women’s Club of Charlotte County are NOT tax deductible.
If you would like your donation to go specifically to our scholarship fund, please indicate scholarship fund in the memo portion of your check.
We thank you in advance for your generous support!
Democrats are usually recognized as the party who’s concerned with global warming and other environmental concerns. We, as individuals, make up the Democratic Party and we, as individuals, must take better care of Mother Earth.
There are small things we can do to help. Check out the list below . Also, two changes we can make, as individuals, will make a real impact on the environment.
- Take your cloth bag to the grocery story. Single use plastic bags cannot be recycled! That recycling bin for plastic bags you see at your local Publix is just to make you feel good. Those bags are too flimsy to be recycled. They jam the recycling machines. Below, you’ll see the difference of decomposition of plastic bags vs. paper bags. If you absolutely refuse to take your own bag, ask for a paper bag. Mother Earth will thank you.
- Stop buying single serve bottled water. Eighty percent of single serve bottles ARE NOT recycled. It takes a million years for one to decompose — if they ever do decompose.
Check out how long each of these products take to decompose in the environment.
· Banana Peel: 3-4 weeks
· Paper Bag: 1 month
· Cardboard: 2 months
· Wool Sock : 1 year
· Tinned Steel Can: 50 years
· Aluminum Can: 200-500 years (But if recycled, it can be reused within 6 weeks!)
· Disposable Diapers: 550 years
· Plastic Bags : 20-1000 years
· Plastic Jug/Water bottle: 1 million years
· Glass : 1-2 million years
· Styrofoam: 1+ million years
Recycle items that can be recycled!
The problem is the killing of Cecil was real. The videos regarding Planned Parenthood were edited to get across their message.
The Democratic Women’s Club of Charlotte County meets the 2nd Monday of each month. We gather around 10:30 for coffee and conversation with the business meeting starting promptly at 11:00 am.
Our meetings are conducted at the Charlotte County Democratic Party Headquarters, 4300 Kings Highway, School House Square #402 in Pt. Charlotte, FL 33980.
We welcome all Democrats — male or female. We offer lunch after the meeting for a $10.00 donation.
Our own DWC corresponding secretary participated in the Harlem Book Fair in NYC from July 15 – 18. Naomi is the author of two novels: “Ginga Root Tea: An American Journey” and “Lily: Riding the Color Line.” Naomi was a finalist in the Harlem Book Fair’s literary awards competition. Congratulations to Naomi!
Click on flyer for full image.